Fresh Summer Pomodoro
Yield: 4 servings
1 tsp sea salt
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 cup crushed plum tomatoes
2 Tbsp Italian parsley; chopped
Freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain pasta reserving ½ cup of cooking liquid.
- While pasta is cooking, in a sauce pan, heat oil over medium-high heat, add the sliced garlic and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the red pepper flakes and cook another 30 seconds; add the tomatoes and salt to taste and continue stirring until sauce simmers.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce, add a few tablespoons of the reserved water, stir to coat pasta and continue to cook for 1 minute more.
- Season to taste with salt, add the parsley and toss to coat. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan and serve immediately.